Also this year, Fondazione Gianni Benzi, in collaboration with Università degli Studi di Bari Aldo Moro, organises the XVI Foresight Training Course “Repurposing to cover unmet needs: the current scenario in Europe and the proposed changes to the Pharmaceutical Legislation”, that will be held on 18 December in Bari, Italy at Università degli Studi di Bari (Dipartimento di Farmacia - Scienze del Farmaco, Campus Universitario Ernesto Quagliariello, via E. Orabona, 4 - Bari, Italy) and online.
Do not miss this opportunity, register for the Course here by 4th December.
Drug repurposing is defined as the process of finding new uses outside the scope of the original medical indication for existing drugs with the aim to make new therapies available to patients, particularly in settings with special needs, like paediatric and rare diseases, characterised by well-known challenges. Moreover, the recent proposal to revise the pharmaceutical legislation includes impactful changes specifically dealing with repurposing. Debates on this and possible outcomes are ongoing both at European and national level.
Renowned experts in the field, including representatives from the European Institutions, academia, companies and patients will provide their contribution to the discussion dealing with the following keynote topics around repurposing:
- Current and proposed regulatory provisions in Europe for Research & Development and marketing authorisation;
- Industry and academic approaches to repurposing;
- Commercial perspectives and strategies to repurposing drugs;
- The meaning of repurposing in the paediatric context;
- Need for specific formulations to comply with the specific patient needs;
- Tools supporting Research & Development of repurposed drugs, like in silico approaches and real world data;
- Possible impact of changes proposed to the pharmaceutical legislation under Articles 48 and 75 of the proposed Regulation.
Additional details in the agenda.
The course is free of charge for students, researchers, representatives from patients’ associations and not for profit organisations. A registration fee is foreseen for participants from companies and for-profit organisations only.
Deadline for registration on 4th December!
Save the date and spread the word!