The first European Joint Programme on Rare Diseases - EJP RD MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) “Diagnosing Rare Diseases: from the Clinic to Research and back” has started on Tuesday April 27th, 2021.
The course will be open for free for 7 weeks.
This course is designed for individuals with a keen interest in diagnostic research and rare diseases. While primarily designed for medical students and PhD/post-doc students in biomedical sciences, it will also be of interest to Patients Advocacy Organisations’ representatives, Healthcare professionals or paramedics who want to further their knowledge of rare diseases diagnosis.
The following topics will be covered:
- The diagnostic process and the types of genetic tests available for rare diseases
- The differences in rare genetic diseases patient pathways
- Technological advances for diagnostic research
- The role of collaborative studies and data sharing in rare diseases diagnosis
- The impact of having or lacking a diagnosis on patients’ lives
- The role and place of physiopathology approaches as well as social sciences research in the context of rare diseases diagnosis.
Discover more about the course, including the registration process here!