The Gianni Benzi Pharmacological Research Foundation is a registered “not-for-profit” Scientific Research Organisation, established on the 9th of November 2007, aimed to uphold the ideas and continue the work of Professor Gianni Benzi. The video of the Gianni Benzi Foundation … Continued
The Gianni Benzi Pharmacological Research Foundation is a registered “not-for-profit” Scientific Research Organisation, established on the 9th of November 2007, aimed to uphold the ideas and continue the work of Professor Gianni Benzi.
The video of the Gianni Benzi Foundation activities is available at https://youtu.be/PABjXiHWCmc .
- Pharmacological Research
- Regolatory Sciences
- Ethical and safe use of pharmaceutical products
The activities of the Gianni Benzi Foundation are directed to strengthen research in the pharmacological and biomedical field, with particular reference to rare diseases or those affecting populations with specific therapeutic needs, including elderly and children.
The Gianni Benzi Foundation provides ‘High level’ training activities in the regulatory field with the aim to foster a continuous multi-specialistic update on the complex procedures that characterise the European Pharmaceutical System, of which the European Medicines Agency (EMA) represents the cornerstone.
A special attention is dedicated to the effects deriving from the tumultuous progress of biomedical sciences and, consequently, the appearance of new innovative products for human use.
Starting from the experience gained in the pharmaceutical field, the Foundation also extends its interest to the field of food and «devices».
The safe use of pharmaceutical products for human use, with particular reference to innovative medicinal products and foods, is an important aspect of the Gianni Benzi Foundation’s activities. Such attention is justified for numerous reasons, such as globalisation and the rapid expansion of the market for new food and medicinal products, and new biomedical technologies that require safety methods that are always more sophisticated. In this context, the Foundation focuses its attention also on the risks arising from the improper use or abuse of such products both in current practice and, above all, in sport, where such usage represents the most widespread and damaging form of doping.
How the Gianni Benzi Foundation operates
1. To promote scientific research in biological, medical and pharmaceutical fields of social interest, with particular reference to rare diseases or those affecting populations with unmet medical needs;
2. To carry out Higher Educational activities in the field of Regulatory Sciences in the European perspective;
3. To promote ‘good practices’ for a safe and ethical use of drugs and other active substances for human use;
4. To promote initiatives on the fight against doping and all the dependencies.
1. Developing research in collaboration with universities, research centres or other public or private bodies;
2. Organising meetings, training courses and other educational initiatives;
3. Setting up of Research Grants and Scholarships;
4. Disseminating research results and promoting editorial initiatives.
The Board of Directors sets out the management policies of the Foundation and approves its objectives and programs.
President: Adriana Ceci
Vice President: Fedele Bonifazi
Secretary: Fedele Bonifazi
No role is remunerated.
The Scientific Committee is made up of highly qualified professionals of recognised reputation in the areas of interest of the Foundation. The Scientific Committee collaborates with the Board of Directors in the definition of the Foundation programs and activities.
- Continuous update and in-depth analysis of regulatory and ethical aspects that rule the development, production and marketing of medicinal products and other products for human use (medical devices, foods, herbal medicinal products).
Scientific and research:
- Planning, scientific coordination, developing and disseminating results of research projects and promoting editorial initiatives
- Management and monitoring of research projects at regional, national and European level
- Realisation of residential training courses and e-learning courses
Realisation of complex IT platform and web infrastructure
Realisation and updating of portals
System for collecting, cataloguing and creation of data in order to build databases of public health interest
Networking and Communication:
Networking activities aimed at strengthening relations with other entities and individuals operating in the same areas of Foundation’s interest
Dissemination activities directed to the institutional and research world and to the civil society
Creation of dissemination materials
Preparation of Newsletters
Development of website contents
Organisation and Management:
Planning of the Foundation activities
Support and monitoring of all planned activities
Organisation of events and courses
- Management of administrative activities following the Executive Board directions
- Book-keeping holding
- Preparation of financial statements and contractual documents
- Editing of Executive Board reports
- Collection of payments, cash, bank and invoices management